When The Anatomy of Stretching was originally published, it was the first book to cover the topic of anatomy and physiology for stretching and flexibility.
Since then others have been written, but no other book on the subject contains more examples of stretching exercises, or is able to take detailed anatomical information and present it in a way that is easy for everyone to understand.
This is where this book is different: it is able to take you inside the body and show you both the primary and secondary muscles in action during the stretching process.
The Anatomy of Stretching looks at stretching from every angle, including:
- physiology and flexibility;
- the benefits of stretching;
- the different types of stretching;
- rules for safe stretching;
- and how to stretch properly.
Aimed at fitness enthusiasts of any level, as well as fitness pros, the book also focuses on which stretches are useful for the alleviation or rehabilitation of specific sports injuries.Plus in this second edition,
- over twenty new stretches have been added;
- the chapter on physiology has been expanded;
- more detailed anatomy has been included with each stretching chapter;
- the top five stretches for a range of sports and sports injuries are listed;
- and a new numbering system has been included to help reference each stretch.