Functional Anatomy of the Pelvis and the Sacroiliac Joint: A Practical Guide
Another great book from John Gibbons, registered osteopath, author, and lecturer for the Bodymaster Method®.
This book focuses on one of the most important areas of the body: the pelvis and the sacroiliac joint. Readers embark on a fascinating journey of enlightenment, teaching them to recognize pain and dysfunctional patterns that arise from the pelvic girdle. Gibbons addresses key issues such as:
- The walking/gait cycle and its relationship to the pelvis
- Leg length discrepancy and its relationship to the kinetic chain and the pelvis
- The laws of spinal mechanics
- The relationship of the hip joint, gluteal muscles, lumbar spine to the pelvis
- Sacroiliac joint screening